Monday, May 11, 2009

Today I didn't have to use my AK... I gotta say it was a good day.

Apologies to Ice Cube.

The Shuttle launch was definitely the highlight of the day. I forgot my camera, but there will be enough professional-quality photos circulating around that I won't miss much. I got to watch from the parking lot of the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB), exact location below:



Anyone can access the NASA website to view any shuttle related info, including photos and video of the most recent launch that will include footage from the Solid Rocket Boosters (SRB's). Those are the little guys that detach from the Shuttle after 2 minutes, and then parachute back into the Atlantic Ocean for retrieval. The thundering roar was pretty cool, but the brightness of the flame up close was what amazed me. I had to squint or look away.

Meanwhile, I was away from the Markets but my positions held. Notice how all four of my holdings are showing various stages of an Ascending Triangle pattern (bullish), and I ended up for the day.






I'm still about 50% cash, but not for any particular reason, except that I haven't chosen to commit to any more trades at this time. After I almost gave it all away to FAZ in March, I've sub-consciously been committing no more than 12%-15% total equity to any, one trade.

Before leaving work, I had updated all my TPS reports that the boss had been asking for; even remembered to use the cover sheets! After that, I went home and cooked up some homemade fried chicken tenders, steak, and corn on the cob for dinner. Then, we all spent a relatively relaxing evening at home while a thunderstorm rolled in to water our parched Plumeria and Pineapples. Yep, it was a pretty good day...now to just convince the missus to make it a 'perfect' day with a grande finale...

No comments: