Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Short Squeeze?





Today moved as predicted, although a little more pronounced than expected. I've heard a little buzz here and there that this week's price performance may be influenced by the fact that this Friday is Expiration Day for March options. I don't really understand HOW that affects stocks right now, so I hope to get more info as the week unfolds.
The rally today seemed fairly strong, especially since many traders (who blog) expected a shorting day today. After looking at the low volume, I'm thinking today was a short-squeeze play: churning out the timid bears before really going down. Of course, my opinion is biased right now. But, I DID read a comment on a blog today that theorized that since 'no one believes the rally, then there really is a rally.'

True Dat.

No comments: