Thursday, June 08, 2006

Computer Nerds will Rule the World!

I'm getting a custom program built to help me with my fundamental analysis. Meanwhile, an associate has been discussing his methods, which tend more towards technical analysis. I've been meaning to use technical analysis together with my existing method, where fundaments decide what to buy, and technicals decide when to buy.

But as I think about it, technicals tell you when to buy and sell. Why bother with fundamentals if one is going to bother with technicals? I suppose I'm really comparing apples & oranges, there is probably a time and place for everything.

So, while I'm still finishing up the details on the fundamentalist program, I've been tinkering with technical analysis programs. If anyone out there uses software that they are proud of, I'd be happy to hear about it!

No comments: