Sunday, August 13, 2006

Feeding My Head

I'd like to take a moment to mention a couple of the books which I am currently reading through. The first one is called, "Ahead of the Curve: A Commonsense Guide to Forecasting Business and Market Cycles", by Joseph H. Ellis. It has opened my eyes to some common sense macro-economics that I had never before understood. The basic premise is that the primary driver of an economy is consumer spending, and it is best measured in year-over-year percentage changes. Of course, there is so much more, or else it would be quite a short book! Heh.

The second book arrived yesterday, so I have put the first book on pause in my eagerness to read the new one. It is called, "Entries and Exits: Visits to Sixteen Trading Rooms" by Dr. Alexander Elder (I paid less than $50 after shipping at Half.com). I'm already about 1/4 into the book and devouring its insights from other traders. Since I don't know any traders personally, this has given me firsthand knowledge into several trading styles in detail. The book was written at an intermediate level of a Stock Market investor/trader, a level that I believe I am finally pushing into. I'm even proud to say that I had started developing similar approaches to reading charts that these professionals use. I should also mention that everyone in the book appears to be a pure technician.

Back to reality, it's time to take a break from reading to put some new knowledge and enthusiasm to use! Good luck on Monday!

No comments: